Skip to main content

Blog Not Found

Looks like this is the problem of the week. Pete acknowledged this last weekend. Now we have other examples, in varying flavours.


  • Diagnose the problem. Is anybody else able to see the blog? Many of the problems are seen only by the OP; others will post after with "I can see your blog fine". If so, clear cache and cookies, and restart the browser.

  • If the blog is missing, and nobody can see it, is it a new blog? Are you maybe publishing thru Blogger to an offsite (non-Blogger) service? Log in directly to the Blogger dashboard, and see if the missing posts are in Draft form. If that's true, Blogger may have labeled your blog as a spam blog, which causes offsite published blogs to end up as Draft. If your posts are ending up as Draft, you'll not see them online.

  • If the blog is missing from the Dashboard, see My blog disappeared from my account!.

  • If the blog is visible from the dashboard, did you actually post anything? Did you Publish? If you have no posts, or if the posts were intentionally saved as Draft, the blog won't be Published. Not Published = not visible online.

  • If the blog is not new, and is not offsite, try republishing again.

  • If none of the above help, then report the problem.



These are the exact and precise titles of various online discussions (with ellipses used where necessary). With apologies to those who, in frustration or under stress, typed thread titles that are less than perfect, and cannot be changed, I present them as typed.

  1. Where is my blog??? CLOSED - Caused by Coding Problems *

  2. My blos URL does not work OPEN 3/27 (4)

  3. Help! My blog is missed! OPEN 3/27 *** CLOSED 3/30

  4. Page Cannot Be Found CLOSED per Recommended Resolution.

  5. Server not found OPEN 3/27 ** (3)

  6. Blogger shuts down public library blog... OPEN 3/26 **

  7. my blog is gone OPEN 3/27 *** (1)

  8. Blogger down? CLOSED - Resolution Unknown

  9. another missing blog [#437545] OPEN 3/28 *** (1)

  10. Disappeared Blog – Please Help OPEN 3/28 (1) CLOSED 3/31

  11. Missing BLOG OPEN 3/29 (4)

  12. Added Adsense To An Old Blog... OPEN 3/29 (1)

  13. My Blog Disappeared OPEN 3/29 (3)

  14. Blog Not opening OPEN 3/29 ** (3) CLOSED 3/30

  15. I can't view my blog OPEN 3/29 (2)

  16. Blog not found OPEN 3/30 (1)

  17. agenda_x.blogspot.com has disappeared! OPEN 3/30 (3)

  18. Blog disappeared! OPEN 3/30 (1)



NOTE: For "(n)" values, see Triage below.

* NOTE: Apparent coding problems - blog is visible, with contents, though not properly.

** NOTE: These cases do NOT appear to respond to clearing of cache and cookies.

*** NOTE: Recommended by Pete for attention by Blogger Support.

Recommended Resolution (see NOTE above):
Triage Key

(1) 404 Not Found
(2) Blog opens, but with errors
(3) Stated as cannot open in Dashboard / cannot post (we can't verify this obviously).
(4) No problem observed in either Firefox or Internet Explorer.


>> Top

Comments

M. J. said…
Chuck - This is very helpful. Since you seem to be updating it regularly, you might want to fix the typo in #2 ("blos" -- should be blog's). Thanks for all the info.
George Weis said…
HI, thanks for the thoughts on this page.

I find Blogger Help to be a maze to work through, and don't find what I'm looking for.

I guess I'm part of the problem of the week. My blog isn't showing up and I have the "Not Found" message.
However My dashboard looks fine.

When I go into Layout page this is what I get...

We're sorry, but we were unable to complete your request.

When reporting this error to Blogger Support or on the Blogger Help Group, please:

Describe what you were doing when you got this error.
Provide the following error code and additional information.
bX-gof3kx
Additional information
blogID: 7388599219356457958
host: www.blogger.com
uri: /display

This information will help us to track down your specific problem and fix it! We apologize for the inconvenience.

What to do?

-george-

Popular posts from this blog

Adding A Link To Your Blog Post

Occasionally, you see a very odd, cryptic complaint I just added a link in my blog, but the link vanished! No, it wasn't your imagination.

Embedded Comments And Main Page View

The option to display comments, embedded below the post, was made a blog option relatively recently. This was a long requested feature - and many bloggers added it to their blogs, as soon as the option was presented to us. Some blog owners like this feature so much, that they request it to be visible when the blog is opened, in main page view. I would like all comments, and the comment form, to be shown underneath the relevant post, automatically, for everyone to read without clicking on the number of comments link. And this is not how embedded comments work.

What's The URL Of My Blog?

We see the plea for help, periodically I need the URL of my blog, so I can give it to my friends. Help! Who's buried in Grant's Tomb, after all? No Chuck, be polite. OK, OK. The title of this blog is "The Real Blogger Status", and the title of this post is "What's The URL Of My Blog?".